Upcoming Feldenkrais Workshops:
Shona's Feldenkrais Classes:
* Classes at Yoga Ruka in Russell Lea are currently on hiatus - I will look to run some workshops there in 2020*
- You can come to your first 3 classes at Hunters Hill Croquet Club for $50
- Urban Soul in Alexandria offers a month of unlimited classes for $49
Both locations offer drop-in rates or the option to save by purchasing a pass / membership.
At Urban Soul in Alexandria, we focus on a particular theme for 6 weeks. The theme for the next 6 weeks is: ‘Simplicity’
Do we make life more difficult for ourselves than it needs to be? The practice of honing ease and simplifying.
Fri 10th & Sun 12th Jan - Lightening
Fri 17th & Sun 19th Jan – Sliding
Fri 24th Jan (no Sunday class on Australia Day) – Pressing
Fri 31st Jan & Sun 2nd Feb – Foundations
Fri 7th & Sun 9th Feb - Breath
Fri 14th & Sun 16th Feb - Image
I choose what lessons I teach in Hunters Hill according to what I observe in how my students move the week before.
What to expect in a Feldenkrais class – things you should know:
- Moshe Feldenkrais first worked with people hands-on one on one, this means….. move as if someone else were gently moving you to investigate and evaluate – in the class setting it's YOU DISCOVERING DETAILS ABOUT YOURSELF – it’s a guided exploratory mindfulness practice which is why we slow down, in order to notice more
- Rest is when your system integrates your experience, this means……we have mini pauses throughout to refresh your concentration before encountering the next element. It’s perfectly acceptable (and encouraged) to self-select to take a break whenever you fancy during the class, you’re learning to pace yourself – such a useful life skill….!
- As infants we learnt through play, we’re replicating this organic process in class in a very mindful way, enhancing awareness, this means…..treat it like play - you don’t need to get it right or be ‘good’ at it, experiment, be curious and inventive. All versions / approximations / ‘mistakes’ / unintended discoveries are new stimulus for your nervous system to file away for future reference.
- Yes we’re looking at improving how we move, but we’re also developing the skills of observation and paying attention, how to figure something out for yourself, breaking down the elements of something more complex into easily digestible elements, this means…..the benefits may carry over to other areas in how you do life (it's not purely aimed at enhancing physical well-being).
Follow Moving in Tune on Facebook to stay up to date with all the latest classes and events
Feldenkrais has opened up a whole new world of the inner most workings of my body at the skeletal level.
It has led to my discovery of new ways of executing body movements in a more relaxed and fluid manner that can be transferred to my everyday pursuits and complements and enhances other physical pursuits such as sport or dance.
Its relaxed and meditative focus also helps to restore a sense of balance and emotional well being.
Jael Wolk PhD -Public Health and Community Medicine